Effective Date: June 2, 2022
Railway Supply Institute (hereinafter referred to as “RSI”, “we”, “us” or “our”) is an independent trade association of railway suppliers in the United States. We provide various services to our company members, including networking opportunities, educational programming and advocacy.
Collection of personal information
Information we collect from you
We may collect the following personal information from you:
- Personal details (e.g., first name, last name, gender, photo, date of birth,);
- Contact details (e.g., personal email address, mailing address, telephone number, mobile telephone, emergency contact information);
- Employment and professional details (e.g., job title, company name, company mailing address, office phone number, fax number, company website address, affiliations, subsidiaries, company email address);
- Payment information (e.g., credit card numbers);
- Travel details when you attend our events (e.g., passport information, visa information, flight information, hotel reservations);
- Health information (e.g., information concerning allergies, dietary restrictions and disabilities) so we may accommodate these needs at our events; and
- Communications (e.g., when you contact us with questions or submit feedback).
Information we collect from other sources
We may also receive information about you from other sources, including:
- Your devices. We and our service providers may automatically collect certain technical information from your computer or mobile device over time and across different websites when you use the services, such as your Internet Protocol address, your general geographic location, your browser type, your operating system, the pages you view on the Services, the pages you view immediately before and after you access the services, and the search terms you enter on the services. This information allows us to recognize you and personalize your experience if you return to the services, to improve the services, and to tailor our advertising and marketing. We and our service providers may collect this information using “cookies,” which are small text files that the services save on your computer using your web browser and access when you return.
How we use the information we collect
We may use the information we collect:
- To respond to your inquiries;
- To verify your identity when you access or use our services;
- To provide you with our member benefits, including access to our member portal, career services and online forums;
- To facilitate your attendance/participation at our conferences and events (both in person and virtual);
- To operate, troubleshoot, and improve our website and online services;
- To send you newsletters, updates, marketing communications, and other information or materials that may interest you;
- To understand how individuals use our online services and respond to our communications, including by generating and analyzing statistics;
- To help our advertisers and sponsors better understand our users; and
- To detect, prevent, and respond to violations of our policies, violations of law, or other misuse of our services.
How we may share the information we collect
We may share the information we collect, including your personal information, with third parties under the following circumstances:
- Service providers and business partners. We may share your personal information with our service providers and business partners that perform data storage, communications and other business operations for us. For example, we may partner with other companies to process secure payments, fulfill orders, optimize our services, send newsletters and marketing emails, support email and messaging services and analyze information.
- Website visitors and members. We display limited personal information about our members’ representatives, such as name, on our public member directory. We share additional categories of personal information about representatives in our members-only directory, forums, or collaboration portals. If you sign up to attend a member meeting or other RSI-sponsored event, all other RSI members who sign up for the event will be notified of your intended attendance at the event and may be given your full name, address, company name, and email address. We are not responsible for other members use or misuse of your personal information;
- Event partners. We may share personal information, such as membership lists and attendance lists that include your name, address, company name and email address, to exhibitors, sponsors and advertisers.
- Protection of rights and other legal purposes. We may share the information we collect, including personal information, with any law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or other third party where we believe this is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of any third party.
- Asset purchases. We may share the information we collect with service providers, advisors, potential transactional partners, or other third parties in connection with the consideration, negotiation, or completion of a corporate transaction in which we are acquired by or merged with another organization or we sell, liquidate, or transfer all or a portion of our assets.
In addition, we may share or disclose information that has been aggregated, de-identified, or otherwise does not identify you.
Third party websites
Our website may contain links to websites not owned or controlled by RSI. RSI does not have any control over these third-party websites. We encourage you to be aware of these other third-party websites and their privacy statements, as we cannot control and are not responsible for privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
You may unsubscribe or opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email.
We do not currently respond to web browser “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that provide a method to opt out of the collection of information across the networks of websites and online services in which we participate. For more information, visit https://allaboutdnt.com/.
We deploy administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to safeguard the information that we collect. However, no information system can be 100% secure. So, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information. Moreover, we are not responsible for the security of information you transmit to us over networks that we do not control, including the Internet and wireless networks.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we or our service providers become aware that a child has provided us with personal information without verified parental consent, that information will be deleted from our databases. If you have questions about personal information that may have been submitted by a child, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to contact us
If you would like to contact us with questions about our privacy practices, you may contact us by email at email@example.com or by mail at:
Railway Supply Institute, Inc.
2001 K Street NW, Third Floor North Washington, D.C 20006