RSI is dedicated to advancing safety, innovation, technology, and sustainability within the freight and passenger railway supplier industry, both in North America and global markets. Representing the full supply chain for the railroad system, RSI and its members are innovative leaders at the forefront of the industry.
RSI now hosts important thought leadership articles that drive the conversation among your peers. Explore these pieces and find out what’s happening below.
Interested in contributing? Contact Kristin Frankiewicz, RSI Content Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Rail Safety Is Everyone’s BusinessIn today’s complex, interconnected landscape of modern transportation, rail remains a key pillar for the movement of goods in support of households and businesses. It is essential in transporting raw materials and goods that the public does not often think twice about but are integral to the innerworkings of our society. What does tend to… Read more: Rail Safety Is Everyone’s Business
- RSI Volunteers Make Strides for a Strong 2024Last year, the Railway Supply Institute (RSI) and the rail community experienced its fair share of challenges and successes. Notable among the highs were strides made by RSI committees to educate the public and advocate for greater industry safety. As we move into 2024 with renewed momentum, RSI is shining a light on a few… Read more: RSI Volunteers Make Strides for a Strong 2024
- Railway Age: Brighter Days Ahead2024 FREIGHT RAIL OUTLOOK, RAILWAY AGE DECEMBER 2023 ISSUE In more ways than one, 2023 was marked by a few dark clouds. In 2024, look for them to scatter, pushed by warmer prevailing winds. (With Jason Seidl and Patty Long) Resiliency is “the capacity to withstand or to recover quickly from difficulties; toughness.” Resilience, a… Read more: Railway Age: Brighter Days Ahead
- Railway Age: Collaboration for Progress and GrowthWHY TRADE ASSOCIATIONS MATTER As I read the rail trade press and follow the commentary of industry thought leaders, I keep coming back to a very basic premise. There is no dispute on the path our industry needs to take for continued growth and prosperity. Put simply: service, safety and sustainability will drive more people… Read more: Railway Age: Collaboration for Progress and Growth
- CEO Perspective: When Consensus is Staring You in the Face: An Invitation to PartnershipAs part of a special series in Railway Age’s April 2023 issue, 13 chief executives of leading North American companies answer the single-most critical question: What is the biggest challenge facing the North American rail industry? Patty Long of the Railway Supply Institute is the seventh to share her perspective. As a society, and all… Read more: CEO Perspective: When Consensus is Staring You in the Face: An Invitation to Partnership