On June 18, 2018, the AAR/RSI Joint Q2 2018 Quality Newsletter was published. The Quality Newsletter is provided through the efforts of AAR Quality Assurance Committee and Railway Supply Institute Quality Assurance Committee members in an effort to provide information that is important to our industry in support of improving the quality of products and services provided.
QAC Q2 Newsletter Articles include:
- The Missing Pieces by Bob Wolbert, Progress Rail – As Quality Professionals, we must step back and review the success or lack thereof to meet strategic goals relevant to the Quality of Products and Services our companies provide.
- Verifying Automated Measurement Sytems, by Dan Jams, API Ltd.
- Value-Added Welder Training, by John Killion, ULTX
- A Comparison of the AAR M-1003 AND ISO 9001 Quality Standards, by Donna Jacobi, Amsted Rail
- Calendar of Upcoming Quality Related Events
You can view the previous QA newsletters on the RSI QAC webpage here.
About the Railway Supply Institute Quality Assurance Committee
The RSI Quality Assurance Committee (QAC) is an advocate for quality and continuous improvement in the performance and safety of the rail supply industry’s products and services. This group is composed of quality leaders from RSI member companies, and includes representatives from car owners, fleet managers, repair and reconditioning facilities, and car and component manufacturers.
Please contact RSI President Mike O’Malley at email@example.com or (202) 347-4664 with any questions about the RSI QAC.
About the Railway Supply Institute (RSI)
The Railway Supply Institute (RSI) is a trade association representing more than 200 companies involved in the manufacture of products and services in the freight car, tank car, locomotive, maintenance-of-way, communications and signaling, and passenger rail industries. RSI connects members to their customers and partners, supports the improvement of the industry, assists members in the global marketplace, and represents the industry during the regulatory and legislative process. For more information visit www.rsiweb.org, follow RSI on Twitter and join the RSI LinkedIn group.