RSI Legislative & Regulatory Webinar
Summary:The Trump Administration and the 115th Congress will have a legislative agenda focusing on issues directly impacting the railroad and rail supply industry including; tax reform, regulatory reform, infrastructure investment and reinvigorating American manufacturing.
Corporate Tax Reform: A simpler and fairer tax code has the potential to reinvigorate American manufacturing and help with growth and job creation.
State Owned Enterprises: The presence of heavily subsidized state-owned rail firms could undermine competition from private rail supply companies, both US based and foreign.
Buy America: The Buy America program was designed to promote U.S. manufacturing and encourage new industry in order to help the domestic economy and create jobs for Americans. The rail supply industry has made the investment and encourages clear rules and enforcement of the program.
Infrastructure Investment: Freight and Passenger railroads must be a central part of infrastructure investment. The federal government should provide adequate financial support levels for Amtrak and commuter railroads.
Truck Sizes & Weights: Double 33s will divert 1 to 1.5 million intermodal loads from rail to all-highway routings. Heavier trucks cause damage and deterioration to taxpayer subsidized roads bridges.
- Nicole Brewin, VP of Government Affairs at Railway Supply Institute
- John Cohen, Vice President Public Affairs at Alstom Transport
- Mike Friedberg, Senior Policy Advisor at Holland & Knight
- Donald Itzkoff, Executive Counsel, Government Affairs & Policy at GE Transportation
- Paolo Mastrangelo, Senior Public Affairs Advisor at Holland & Knight
- Harrison M. Wadsworth IV, Director, Government Affairs at Siemens Corporation
Webinar DetailsDate: Thursday, March 30,2017
Time: 1pm EDT, 10am
Registration: Click Here
Contact: Nicole Brewin, firstname.lastname@example.org
Not sure if your company is a member of RSI? Email Brian Kellman.