RSI Government & Industry Relations Kick-Off Meeting Announced
Newly launched committee’s first meeting will take place 2/16 in Washington, DC
RSI is excited to share with you the launch of the RSI Government and Industry Relations Committee (formerly the Washington Affairs Committee). This committee is open to all members who have an interest in Washington, DC and will identify and work to advance the railway supply industry legislative and regulatory goals.
The Committee will meet a minimum of three times a year and, as part of its mission, will:
- Look at resources and prioritize advocacy issues. Develop action plan and project deliverables. Design metrics to help define our accomplishments.
- Help coordinate relationships with external and internal relationships – i.e. Congress, Federal Agencies, industry coalitions, industry stakeholders.
- Facilitate the update and maintenance of RSI member companies footprint in terms of state and local employment levels based upon headquarter and facility locations.
- Work with other RSI Industry committees to facilitate and assist where necessary.
- Help manage third party consultants including any future lobbying and public relations firms.
- Help manage RSI’s Political Action Committee’s fundraising and activities.
We are seeking volunteers from all of our member companies who are interested in telling the rail supplier story and who want to work on developing the advocacy relationship we have with your company as well as with your Members of Congress. The steady drumbeat of communication about the rail supply industry that this Committee will continue to refine, will help bring to the next level the awareness among policymakers about the power of the railway supply industry, and bolster our government affairs efforts at all levels.
The RSI Government & Industry Relations Committee is an unrestricted program committee and ideally we would like to have at least one or two volunteers from each company participate. The kick off meeting for this Committee will be held here in Washington, DC on Tuesday, February 16, 2016 from 12-4pm. Lunch will be served and an agenda and supporting materials will be distributed prior to the meeting. Please register here if you plan to attend the meeting.
RSI Government and Industry Relations Committee Kick Off Meeting
Tuesday, February 16
555 13th. St., NW
Washington D.C. 20004 (F st. between 12th and 13th).
For those taking the metro, the closest stop is Metro Center on the Red Line. Attendees must check-in in the main lobby and they will then be escorted to the conference room on the lower level.
For additional information contact RSI Vice President of Government Affairs, Nicole Brewin at email@example.com.