RSI Seeking Board Nominations
April 6, 2013. The Railway Supply Institute (RSI) is requesting your help in identifying candidates to serve on its Board of Directors. The RSI Board consists of twelve directors and three officers and is composed of a small to large companies involved in the manufacture of products and services in the freight car, locomotive, maintenance-of-way, communications and signaling, and passenger industries.
In order to reflect the diversity of the supply industry and to serve the best interests of RSI, it is important to have a strong pool of nominees from which to select Board members. If you know an RSI member who would be a good choice for an industry-wide leadership position, please nominate them. Any individual who believes he or she has a contribution to make should feel free to self-nominate.
There are three slots available on the RSI board with the term will beginning in January 2014. Nominations are due May 31, 2013.
- Attending Board meetings and participating in decision-making
- Promoting RSI within your profession and contacts.
- Sharing your area of expertise with the Board and staff.
- Participating in assessments to improve board/staff performance.
- Serving on board subcommittee as assigned by the chair. Participating in RSI’s conferences and meetings.
We will contact nominees for additional information including a biography and a statement of interest. All nominees must submit a Board Commitment Form.
Please contact Amanda Patrick at 202-347-4664 or email@example.com if you would like to nominate someone or have questions about the nomination process.