The Railway Supply Institute (RSI) is the only independent advocate of the railway supplier in Washington, DC. The association works tirelessly to represent its membership and to promote the primary interests of the industry. With access to decision makers in the United States Congress and the Trump Administration, RSI works with regulatory agencies and Congressional lawmakers to promote rail supply industry interests.
Our members continuously invest in new technologies that make our rail systems safer, cleaner and more efficient. RSI plays an important role at both the federal and state level supporting our members and their customers.
Based upon the segments of the rail supply industry, our major legislative interests include:
- Rail Infrastructure and Capacity Investment
- Passenger Rail: High Speed and Intercity Passenger Rail, Buy America
- Surface Transportation Bill: Truck Size and Weights, Grade Crossing Safety, Operation Lifesaver
- Preserving Balanced Regulation
- Railcar Regulation/Legislation (visit our Committee on Tank Cars page or Committee on Tank Cars Resource Center to learn more about this important issue)
To learn more about how we're advocating on your behalf, or how to get involved, please contact RSI's VP of Government Affairs, Nicole Brewin, at 202-347-4664 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Download our Advocacy Flyer [PDF] for a summary of our priority issues.